BELK-TN-003: Video processing and hardware/software partitioning
|HOME||SOMs||SBCs||ToloMEO Embedded Assistant||GET A QUOTE||ONLINE HELPDESK|
|IoT Services||ML/AI services||Embedded Design Services|
History[edit | edit source]
|1.0.0||June 2016||First public release|
Introduction[edit | edit source]
This white paper describes a video processing system that has been built upon Bora/BoraEVB. This system has functional and safety requirements that have to be satisfied.
From the functional point of view, it is required to (FR denotes a functional requirement):
- FR1 acquire two independent video streams
- FR2 mix the input stream and visualize them on a HDMI monitor
- FR3 visualize informational and statistical data on an 7" LVDS TFT LCD.
Safety requirements (SR for short) are:
- SR1FR1 and FR2 have to be enabled as quickly as possible upon power-up
- SR1apart from initialization, FR1 and FR2 have to be independent on the execution of the software; in other words, they keep to be satisfied even if software hangs.
The implementation combines different techniques that are available on Zynq platform to implement a hardware/software partitioning that allows to meet system requirements.
Implementation[edit | edit source]
The following picture shows a simplified block diagram of the entire system .
At top level, the natural PS/PL partitioning has been exploited: the video processing chain is entirely implemented in the PL, while PS domain is used for initializing, supervisioning and informational data visualization. The following section describes in more detail the actual implementation.
 At the time of this writing not all of the shown modules have been completed.
PL subsystem[edit | edit source]
Video sources consist of:
- OV7670 camera module (640x480 @ 30fps)
- generic 1280x720 @ 60fps stream over HDMI connection.
PL implements the following modules:
- interfaces to video sources
- OV7670 camera module: this module converts BT656-encoded LVTTL bus into AXI4 stream; it
unico banco di ram per riduzione costi ma più fragile
PS subsystem[edit | edit source]
(for more details see also this white paper)