Introduction[edit | edit source]
DivaEVB-Lite is a carrier board designed to host Diva system-on-module. It can also act as an adaptation board used in combination with Dacu carrier board. Therefore two different versions exist that are a little bit different.
DivaEVB-Lite Standalone version[edit | edit source]
The following picture shows Diva-EVB-Lite's block diagram when configured as standalone carrier board:
DivaEVB-Lite for Dacu[edit | edit source]
|When used in combination with Dacu, please note the points listed below:|
- the following parts are not installed because their respective functionality is already implemented on DACU board
- USBOTG port
- RS232 UART port
- some wired connections are necessary; these are detailed in the Schematics section.
- on J18 connector, a jumper must be placed on positions 1-2 and 3-4
Please see also Dacu for the Diva SOM.
Booting options[edit | edit source]
Diva module is built upon AM335x processor. This component supports several booting options that are summarized here. Reading of that section is recommended for understanding this document.
In general, AM335x ROM code creates a booting device list that are scanned for searching an available booting image.
Available options[edit | edit source]
Boot modes can be selected by S3 switches which acts directly on SYSBOOT configuration pins.
S3 switches are mapped to SYBOOT[3:0] pins allowing different boot modes.
|S3 switch||SYSBOOT pin|
N.B. bit set to 0 means DIP SWITCH has to be set to ON position.
Boot from NOR example[edit | edit source]
- SYSBOOT[3:0] = 0111 set S3[5:8] switches to ON-OFF-OFF-OFF
Same example can be found in the following table:
|0111||MMC0/SPI0/UART0||Default boot from NOR SPI|
|0011||NAND/NANDI2C/MMC0||boot from NAND|
|1001||SPI0/MMC0/EMAC1||boot from EMAC if DIVA has no NOR and no NAND on board|
Schematics[edit | edit source]
- ORCAD: https://www.dave.eu/system/files/area-riservata/divaevb-lite-1.0.3-DIVELK-dsn.zip
- DivaEVB-Lite for DACU: https://www.dave.eu/system/files/area-riservata/divaevb-lite-1.0.3-S.EVBDL1000C.1.0.3.pdf
- DivaEVB-Lite standalone: https://www.dave.eu/system/files/area-riservata/divaevb-lite-1.0.3-S.EVBDL0000C.1.0.0.pdf
BOM[edit | edit source]
- DivaEVB-Lite for DACU: https://www.dave.eu/system/files/area-riservata/divaevb-lite_BOM_S-EVBDL1000C-1.0.3.csv_.zip