DESK-MX6UL-L/General/DVDK Virtual Machine
|HOME||SOMs||SBCs||ToloMEO Embedded Assistant||GET A QUOTE||ONLINE HELPDESK|
|Roadmap||IoT Services||ML/AI services||Embedded Design Services|
|1.0.1||Jun 2021||First DESK-MX6UL release|
Virtual Machine[edit | edit source]
DESK-MX6UL-L contains all the required software and documentation to start developing Linux application on the AXEL ULite platform. In particular, DESK-MX6UL-L provides a virtual machine, called DVDK, with the following features:
- VirtualBox virtual machine (.OVA archive)
- based on Lubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit version)
- pre-installed VirtualBox Guest Additions
- LXDE desktop environment
- boot disk with the distro and pre-configured basic Linux services:
- TFTP: with base directory
- NFS: configured through the
- TFTP: with base directory
- secondary disk containing source code and tools:
- bootloader (u-boot) source tree cloned from DAVE Embedded Systems public git repository
- Linux kernel source tree cloned from DAVE Embedded Systems public git repository
- external pre-built toolchain
- Yocto BSP for AXEL ULite SOM
- pre-installed Yocto-based root file systems with setup scripts, makefiles, example applications, ...
- administrator account (dvdk) with autologin. Please note that the user account credentials are provided with the development kit (you can find them in the README file contained in the sw/dvdk folder of the kit distribution)
- user: dvdk
- password: dvdk
Please note that u-boot and kernel source trees are derived from the official trees released by NXP/Freescale; these trees have been customized to add support for the AXEL ULite SOM.
Guest Addictions[edit | edit source]
Guest Addictions installation may fail if the VirtualBox version is different from the VM linux kernel version.
In case of VBox error message:
Error: kernel headers not found
as suggested here, install the correct kernel header using the following command:
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`
and the run the Guest Addictions install
dvdk@vagrant:/media/dvdk/VBox_GAs_6.1.18$ sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing VirtualBox 6.1.18 Guest Additions for Linux........ VirtualBox Guest Additions installer Removing installed version 6.1.16 of VirtualBox Guest Additions... update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.0-197-generic Copying additional installer modules ... Installing additional modules ... VirtualBox Guest Additions: Starting. VirtualBox Guest Additions: Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel modules. This may take a while. VirtualBox Guest Additions: To build modules for other installed kernels, run VirtualBox Guest Additions: /sbin/rcvboxadd quicksetup <version> VirtualBox Guest Additions: or VirtualBox Guest Additions: /sbin/rcvboxadd quicksetup all VirtualBox Guest Additions: Building the modules for kernel 4.4.0-197-generic. update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.0-197-generic W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays. VirtualBox Guest Additions: Running kernel modules will not be replaced until the system is restarted dvdk@vagrant:/media/dvdk/VBox_GAs_6.1.18$
Host setup[edit | edit source]
As stated previously, AXEL ULite SOM host tools are based on a Managed Virtual Machine. As indicated here, microSD card delivered along with AXEL ULite Evaluation Kit includes basic version of MVM that is the default option.
Please follows the README file on the SD card to extract the *.ova archive and to install the MVM.
It is also worth remembering that access to git repositories is required to download target source code. To enable it, please refer to this page.
To install it, please refer to this page.