It is assumed that the development environment has been set up.
- start the Linux development VM and login into the system
- open a terminal window and cd into Linux kernel source code
- in case of needs you can update your local repository with the following git command
- configure the build environment
- to build the binaries run the following commands:
make UIMAGE_LOADADDR=0x10008000 uImage imx6dl-sfczg-cb0043.dtb
- The former command selects the default SDVx configuration, while the latter builds the kernel binary image with the required u-boot header and the kernel device tree.
Default Linux kernel configuration can be changed by using the standard
gconfig make target. Subsequent builds just require
uImage make target to update the binary image. Once the build process is complete, the kernel binary image is stored into the
arch/arm/boot/uImage file. Both this file and the kernel device tree can be copied to the tftp root directory
/tftpboot/sdvx/ with the following commands:
cp arch/arm/boot/uImage /tftpboot/sdvx/linux/
cp arch/arm/boot/dts/*.dtb /tftpboot/sdvx/linux/