Additional UART with PMOD (Bora)
From DAVE Developer's Wiki
This page describes how to use the UART Pmod™ Compatible module with the BELK to add an UART port to the BoraEVB carrier board.
- Manufacturer: Maxim Integrated
- Product code: MAX3232PMB1
- Datasheet: http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/MAX3232PMB1.pdf
- MAX3232E transceiver
- Implements RS-232 DCE
- 6-Pin Pmod™ Compatible Connector (Digilent Pmod™ Interface Specification Type 4 UART)
- Transmitter Output and Receiver Inputs Protected to +/- 15kV
- Vivado® Design Suite version 2013.3 with Xilinx SDK (Webpack license is minimum requirements)
- Python 2.7.x (C:\Python27 must be the installation directory on Windows)
- Bora Embedded Linux Kit (Please refer to BELK Quick Start Guide for further details) version 2.0.0.
Installation and configuration
Please see the image below: