Axel Ultra Freescale i.MX6 CPU module[edit | edit source]
AXEL is the new top-class Single - Dual - Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU module by DAVE, based on the recent Freescale i.MX6 application processor. Thanks to AXEL, customers have the chance to save time and resources by using a compact solution that permits to reach scalable performances that perfectly fits the application requirements avoiding complexities on the carrier board. The use of this processor enables extensive system-level differentiation of new applications in many industry ﬁelds, where high-performance and extremely compact form factor (85mm x 50mm) are key factors. Smarter system designs are made possible, following the trends in functionalities and interfaces of the new, state-of-the-art embedded products. AXEL offers great computational power, thanks to the rich set of peripherals, the Scalable ARM Cortex-A9 together with a large set of high-speed I/Os (up to 5GHz).
Main Features[edit | edit source]
- Unmatched performances thanks to Single/Dual Quad Core @ 1.2 GHz
- All memories you need on-board
- Boot from NOR for safe applications
- Enabling massive computing applications thanks to wide range DDR3 RAM memory up to 4GB
- Wide range PSU input from 2.8V to 4.5V
- High mechanical retention up to 100G shock thanks to 3x140pins and 4 screw holes
- Reduced carrier complexity: dual CAN, USB, Ethernet GB, PCIe, SATA and native 3.3V I/O
- Suitable for Asymmetric Multicore Processing
- A timing application thanks to on-board 5ppm RTC
- Video encode/decode capabilities
For detailed information about Axel Ultra, please refer to the Axel Ultra SOM article.
Axel RSS Feed[edit | edit source]
Please subscribe to the Axel Pages Updates RSS Feed using your favourite RSS reader to be notified on wiki pages updates related to Naon.
Please refer to the Keeping updated on Dave Developer's wiki pages modifications section for further information on how to subscribe to the RSS feed.
Axel Product Page[edit | edit source]
Please visit Axel Web Page for more product information.
Axel Ultra Leaflet[edit | edit source]
Please download it from the following link: 
This category collects all the pages specific to Axel Ultra modules and related carrier boards.
Pages in category "AxelUltra"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- SBCX-TN-001: Android Things and SPI bus
- SBCX-TN-002: Running Microsoft Azure IoT Edge runtime
- SBCX-TN-003: Deploying modules to Azure IoT Edge-enabled SBCX with Visual Studio Code
- SBCX-TN-004: Running Armbian Buster (Debian 10)
- SBCX-TN-005: Using TensorFlow to implement a Deep Learning image classifier based on Azure Custom Vision-generated model
- SBCX-TN-006: Characterizing the RAM bandwidth of Axel Lite SoM
- XELK Quick Start Guide
- XELK-AN-001: Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) on Axel – Linux + FreeRTOS
- XELK-AN-002: Using USB Ethernet adapter instead of native MAC controller
- XELK-AN-003: Package Management with Yocto
- XELK-AN-004: Getting Started With QT Creator
- XELK-AN-006: Modify u-boot environment from userspace
- XELK-AN-007: Migrating u-boot to SPL
- XELK-AN-008: How to use systemd on an Embedded system
- XELK-AN-009: Comparing JVMs (Java Virtual Machines) on i.MX6 family processors
- XELK-TN-001: Using Chromium browser as an Embedded GUI